We’re Altru Labs
If you’re hiring, we help you share your company’s stories through your employees. Our content engine delivers interactive experiences that your employees create for your candidates. Humanize your employer brand. Personalize the interview experience. Develop relationships, limit confusion, and increase transparency throughout the process – all with Altru.
We’re Altru Labs Inc., a Delaware corporation headquartered at 453 E. 14th St. Unit 1B, New York, NY 10009 (referred to as “Altru Labs,” “we,” “us,” and “our”).
Through our website and our app (available in the Apple App Store), we provide a platform that cultivates connection between candidates and employees at hiring companies. Our app, website, and platform are referred to, collectively, as our “Services.” Users of our Services include employers, employees, job candidates, visitors to our website, and users of our app (referred to, collectively and interchangeably, as “visitors,” “users,” “you,” and “your”).
We respect your privacy
1. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information from you is to help you use our Services and to allow us to provide functionality and features that most likely meet your needs. In order to do so, we may collect personal information from you as follows:
(a) Information you voluntarily provide to us. We collect, maintain, and process personal information that you voluntarily submit to us while using the Services or communicating with us. This includes, for example, personal information you provide:
● Upon registration, when you initially sign up and create an Altru Labs account, we may collect your:
o e-mail address
o job title
o Altru Labs password
o alma mater or school
● When you share information using the Services (for example, by submitting videos), we may collect:
o your image or likeness
o sound and video recordings of you
● If you contact us, we may collect additional information from you (such as a telephone number and email address).
(b) Information we collect through your use of the Services. To provide the Services and make them more relevant and personalized for our users, we collect, maintain, and process personal information collected using cookies, pixels, beacons, log files, and other technologies when you use our Services.
We may also collect personal information regarding your mobile device when you use our app or otherwise use a mobile device to access our Services. This may include the following:
o type of mobile device you use.
o your device’s IMEI number.
o metadata relating to the content you submit including access times and dates.
o your mobile operating systems.
This personal information allows us to deliver more helpful information, services, and tools and to verify that the content you are submitting is legitimate. If you are uncomfortable with the idea of your information being used in this way, most computer systems and web browsers offer privacy settings and options, such as disabling cookies or opting for “Do Not Track” features. Altru Labs does not override these settings or options, and we encourage you to use them to enhance your choices and personalize your experiences. However, in order to access certain content, features, services, products, or benefits on our Services, you may be required to provide Altru Labs with certain information, including some types of personally identifying information such as your name, email, business affiliation, and job title. If you do not wish to provide such information through our Services or if you opt to utilize the aforementioned privacy features of your computer system or web browser, you may not be able to obtain certain content, features, services, products, or benefits of our Services.
(c) Information we collect from third parties. We may also combine the above information with personal information that you provide to third parties who have your permission to share it with us.
2. How do we use your personal information?
We collect and use your personal information for limited purposes, including to operate our Services efficiently and to improve the Services for you and other users, and for recordkeeping, editorial, and feedback purposes, and to deliver relevant content to you and other users. In particular, we may use your personal information as follows:
(a) To provide the Altru Services. We provide personalized services, which requires using personal information. To help build, strengthen, and maintain connections among our users, including employers, employees, and job candidates, we may use users’ personal information to identify common interests and bring users together.
(b) To communicate with you. Good communication is at the core of our Services. We may use your personal information in order to respond to your questions, send you requested notifications, provide you with customer support, interact with you about your content, and update you about our Services and new services. You agree that we may use your personal information for such contact with you. From time to time we may also want to contact you for market research purposes or to provide you with marketing information that we think would interest you. You will have the option of not being contacted for marketing purposes and to opt-out of such contacts by selecting the opt-out option in your profile.
(c) To distribute your videos and other content. Where you consent and agree to submit your videos to the Service, we will share your video content with job candidates.
(d) To share information with our partners and advisors. We may share your personal information with third party processors to enable them to process your personal information on our behalf in a manner consistent with this privacy notice; with our professional advisors to help comply with our obligations, enforce our rights, and protect rights of others; with our partners in order to provide the Services to you; and with our advisors, partners, investors, and potential purchasers in the operation of our business.
(e) To fulfill our obligations. We aim to meet and exceed our users’ expectations. To fulfill contractual obligations that we may have with our users and others, we use personal information to provide the Services consistent with the commitments we make to them.
(f) For administrative purposes. We may add your personal information to our data bases and use it for internal recordkeeping, to confirm that users are complying with our terms and policies, and for legal compliance and other administrative purposes. It is important to our business that we keep our records current and monitor mutual compliance with legal obligations.
(g) To improve our Services. We may use your personal information to develop and improve our Services.
3. How do we obtain your consent?
Where collection or use of your personal information by us requires your consent, you can provide such consent at the time we collect your personal information following the instructions provided; or by informing us by e-mail using the contact details set out in this privacy notice.
You are required to be at least 18 years old to use the Services. We do not intentionally collect personal information from anyone under 18, and no one under 18 should attempt to submit any personal information to us. Should we discover that any such personal information has been delivered to any of the Services, we will remove that personal information as soon as possible.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties. Except as specifically set forth herein, any personally-identifying information that you provide to Altru Labs through our Services will not be disclosed to third parties not affiliated with Altru Labs. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any information you submit to Altru Labs, including any personally-identifying information you include in your personal profile with our Services, may be viewed and accessed by others, and may be indexed and displayed through our Services’ internal search engines and other publicly accessible search engines. Your personally-identifying information may also be disclosed to third parties in order to verify that information, including without limitation by contacting your business affiliation or educational institution, and in order to provide you with the services requested through our Services, including without limitation to third party payment processors for the processing of payments. Personally-identifying information may be used by Altru Labs approved third party vendors to assist Altru Labs in providing, improving, analyzing, and securing our Services. Identifying and non-identifying user information and data may also be disclosed or distributed to a third party with which Altru Labs enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction, such as, for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase, or to a third party pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, in response to a request by or on behalf of any local, state, federal, or other government agency, department, or body, whether or not pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, or if determined by Altru Labs in its sole judgment that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of Altru Labs or any other person or entity. In addition, identifying and non-identifying user information and data may be provided to third parties that contract with Altru Labs to provide products, information, or other services that Altru Labs believes that visitors to our Services may be interested in obtaining. While Altru Labs may undertake efforts to see that any third party to which Altru Labs discloses personally-identifying information is under an obligation to use the personal information solely for the purposes for which the information was disclosed, such third parties are independent third parties over which Altru Labs exercises no control. Altru Labs is not responsible for, and will not be liable for, the conduct, actions, omissions, or information handling or dissemination practices of third parties.
7. Comments and User Content. All materials, comments, and other content shared on or through our Services are subject to being shared with job applicants who are under no obligation of confidentiality, and therefore such content is public. Please refer to our standard service terms (available at www.altrulabs.com/legal/terms), for further details concerning User Content and other materials submitted to our Services. As such, Altru Labs assumes no liability for the accuracy of such information, no duty to update or correct such information, and no liability for such communications arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise.
8. Security Measures and Communicating with Altru Labs. Please be advised that the security and confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted through the Internet or any wireless network, including via our Services, email, or text messages, cannot be and is not guaranteed. You acknowledge that the technical processing and transmission of our Services’ content may be transferred unencrypted and may involve: (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Accordingly, Altru Labs is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet or any wireless network.
9. Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Information; Opt-Out Right. Upon your request, Altru Labs will provide you with a summary of any personally-identifying information retained by Altru Labs that has been voluntarily provided by you to Altru Labs through email, contact forms, or other online avenues. You may modify, correct, change, or update this information by contacting Altru Labs at the email address set forth below. In addition, except as necessary to obtain the services or information requested through our Services, you may opt out of having your personally-identifying information prospectively retained by Altru Labs by contacting Altru Labs at the email address set forth below. This provision does not apply to collection of through the standard data tracking features of our Services, such as Internet cookies and other identifiers or methods of web analysis, or to any other information that does not meet the description hereunder. As set forth above, many computer systems and web browsers offer privacy settings and options that may allow you to opt-out of some of these data tracking and collection methods.
If you wish to opt-out of receiving promotional emails at any time, please click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email.
You may also opt-out from receiving further text messages by: texting STOP, UNSUBSCRIBE or CANCEL in response to our text message; by emailing your request to us at email@example.com or by calling us at the phone number listed below.
Please also be advised that your desire to opt-out of future communications will not be effective (nor will your Services registration or account be terminated) simply by deleting our App from your mobile device. Opting-out from promotional emails becomes effective only by following the process described above. Your Services registration and account can only be terminated by following the procedures described in Altru Labs’ Terms and Conditions.
10. California Residents. Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (the “Shine the Light” law), California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services from Altru Labs are entitled to request and obtain from us once per calendar year information about the customer information about them that we have shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2019 will receive information regarding 2018 sharing activities). If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this information, please submit a written request to:
Altru Labs Inc.
Attn: California/Shine the Light
453 E. 14th St. Unit 1B
New York, NY 10009
If you have any questions or need to contact us, we recommend you reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your question is urgent, you may contact 469-583-4944.
Last modified: March 19, 2018
Copyright © 2018 Altru Labs Inc. All rights reserved.